Moyamensing District Bars & Restaurants
Here are some of our favorite spots in Moyamensing District!
- Amalia's Cafe & Hookah Lounge
1431 W Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19145
- Amalia's Cafe & Hookah Lounge is a Middle Eastern restaurant and hookah bar that we think that you and your Party Bus Philly group will really enjoy when you are in the Moyamensing District area with us. The fattoush is absolutely amazing here and we have always been in love with their topped meat hummus. Their fresh pita is so delish here, you'll just love dipping it into that garlic sauce! The grilled branzino is highly recommended if you're a seafood lover, and you cannot go wrong with the chicken kabobs if you're a poultry fan, or the beef kabobs if you love steak! The labni is great for the vegetarians and vegans out there. The baba ghannouj is something else that we're never able to get enough of here. Everything is just so good! The only downside is that there is no alcohol served here and they are closed completely on Tuesdays. Overall an excellent choice!
- Nick's Old Original Roast Beef
2149 S 20th St, Philadelphia, PA 19145
- Nick's Old Original Roast Beef is a Southern style dive bar and restaurant that will really impress you with everything that they have to offer. Dozens and dozens of our Moyamensing District area Party Bus Philly groups gather here to partake of their delicious sandwiches. The roast beef sandwich with gravy fries is the go-to item here, no question about it. Of course, they've always got the banana peppers and horseradish out on the table for you to top your food with, and we can't resist going a little overboard with those every time! Always so good. Did we mention that there's even a full bar here, and they've got happy hour prices to boot! You're not going to find outdoor seating here, but you will find an excellent spot indoors to watch the game and to indulge in some great conversation with the people that you're partying with. Good times, always!
- South Philadelphia Tap Room
1509 Mifflin St, Philadelphia, PA 19145
- South Philadelphia Tap Room is a gastropub that's really made a big impression on us in recent times. Our Party Bus Philly customers can't stop raving about how good it is and how convenient the location is for their Moyamensing District area travels. The beer prices are a little higher than at other local spots, but look at what quality you're getting in these craft brews! Well worth every penny. The food is just sensational here too, including the Mexican turkey soup that we can never get enough of. It's so delicious and filling. We always want to eat some there and then take a large container to go for later on! The mac and cheese also falls squarely into the comfort food category, and boy is it ever amazing! The wild boar tacos are a standout item too, and how about the enfrijolatas and the homemade sausage! Oh, we could go on and on. Full bar, open late!
- Miss Rachel's Pantry
1938 S. Chadwick Street, Philadelphia, PA 19145
- Miss Rachel's Pantry is a really interesting one out here in the Moyamensing District area. They offer vegan food delivery services, but they also have a full service restaurant on the premises offering a farmhouse table dinner, and that's what we recommend for our smaller Party Bus Philly groups. The barbecue seitan is just amazing, so good that you'll think you reverted to your former non-vegan ways and are noshing on real BBQ chicken! In fact, we'd venture to say that it's even better than the real thing. The chipotle seitan enchilada is a mind blower and we love the trumpet mushroom scallop and hearts of palm bouillabaise. You'll want to note that the hours are quite limited here. They are closed completely Monday thru Thursday. On Fridays, they are open 8am-6pm. On Saturdays, they are open from 8am-3pm and from 7pm-10pm. On Sundays, from 8am-3pm.